Wednesday, November 14, 2012

I Win, NaNoWriMo, I Win.

That's right, NaNoWriMo. You heard me. I win. I just completed the first draft of my novel, Thorn and Shadow, on November 14, all 86,277 words of it. You thought you could stop me, didn't you? Oh, I know how you are, NaNoWriMo. I know the way you try to break people. I'm aware of your tricks. But I defied your every wish and finished the novel. I win. Take that back to your hovel in shame and disgrace!

Okay, to be fair, I didn't write the whole novel during November, only the last 22,000 words. Nevertheless, the first draft is done, and there it is. Epilogue and everything. Now, of course, I have to go back and do one million revisions, but that's just the way it goes.

Thorn and Shadow turned out to be one of my shorter novels. It might grow in the rewriting, because there are a few scenes I know I need to add to flesh things out. I expect it to top out around 90,000 words. And that's just fine. It has a nice, brisk pace.

So, there you go, people. If I can defy NaNoWriMo's tricks, so can you. Get that novel finished and rub it in his filthy face!

Good luck and God Speed,

jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment