Saturday, November 17, 2012

I Miss NaNoWriMo

I got done too soon, people, and now I miss NaNoWriMo. I was part of the action, part of the adventure, part of the daily grind, the sweat and tears. I got to watch my friends as their word counts went up or just sat there. It was all so exciting, and now it's over. I finished my novel mid-month, and I'm out of the game. And rewriting doesn't count, even though I have thousands of words to rewrite, including but not limited to clunky dialogue, typos out the wazoo, strange transitions, plot holes and needed scenes. But NaNoWriMo doesn't care about such things. NaNoWriMo only cares about first drafts. Oh, I know how you are, NaNoWriMo. I know how you are.

In other news, the blog Little Library Muse posted an excerpt of Mary of the Aether. It's the scene where Aiden and Mary are trying to lose creepy old Iris who starts following them at the gas station. Well, here's the link people: Little Library Muse.

No comments:

Post a Comment