Thursday, November 22, 2012

Halfway Through

Well, I'm halfway through the initial rewrite of Thorn and Shadow. It's just a cursory rewrite, nothing major, just a tiny bit of polish to make the manuscript readable. So far, there are parts I really like, parts that are okay, and some parts that will need a great deal of work at some point. Overall, I think the novel works. My only concern is that it might have too many characters. We'll see how my first draft reader responds.

Anyway, I am leaning in the direction of working on Mary of Starlight next. Yeah, I've got another novel I want to write, but I'd really like to get Mary Lanham's story told. There are some epic/touching/compelling things I've got planned, and I can't wait to write them. Oumings can wait. I don't know. Maybe I will change my mind again before I move on. So many ideas, so little time.

No comments:

Post a Comment