Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Climactic Moments

I've passed the 75,000 word mark in Thorn and Shadow, and we're approaching the climactic moments. I just finished a particularly bloody scene with stabbings and broken teeth and various awful things happening.

I had one of my stranger writing moments the other night. I was out for my evening walk when I got inspiration for the next scene in the book. As I worked through it in my head, suddenly I wanted very much to write it down, but I was two miles from home. So I pulled out my iPhone, opened up the email app and wrote out the scene using that awful fake iPhone keyboard. It was dark, I was walking, there was occasional traffic to be mindful of and the auto-correct kept wrongly correcting things, but I finally got the scene written. Then I e-mailed it to myself, all while continuing to walk. I couldn't help it. I had to get the scene out!

Anywho, in other news, I am heading back up to Prairie Grove Middle School tomorrow evening to do a Family Literacy Night event. I will be talking about the writing and publishing process, reading some passages from Mary of the Aether, and possibly even selling a few copies. I have no idea what to expect, how many people will be there or how it will be received. We shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment