Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Writing until My Fingers Melt

I'm pushing that daily word average a little higher. It's now hovering at just above 2,600 words. Children of the Mechanism has reached 31,400 words. I've got more free time than usual these days, because I am technically no longer employed, though I was paid through the end of May. I am taking advantage of those empty hours to melt my fingers on the keyboard.

It's funny because I remember a time when writing was a chore. I loved it. I had a constant compulsion to write. But it felt like work. I wrestled with the prose. Sometimes I had to pause and think about the wording. That no longer happens. I just breeze along without ever really stopping to think. During the downtime when I'm not writing, I spend time thinking about the next part of the story and where it needs to go, so that when I do sit down at the computer, I already know what's coming up.

And there you go. Now you know more about my writing techniques than you ever wanted to know. Live the dream!

No comments:

Post a Comment