Monday, April 29, 2013

The Mechanism is Growing

Well, I've written 28,800 words in 13 days. That's roughly 2,215 words per day, which is about double what I've averaged over the last three years. Even with a weekend trip to Silver Dollar City, I've still managed to peck out over 2,000 words a day since I started Children of the Mechanism. Not too shabby. It helps that I am already so familiar with this story and these characters. It's a story and a world that has existed in my mind for many years now, and I already know these characters so well.

I can't wait for people to meet Bik, Hen, Ekir and Kuo. I can't wait until they come face-to-face for the first time with the Grong. That may be the loveliest thing I've ever created in a story. And by "loveliest" I mean "kind of the grossest." At this pace, the first draft should be done in about another 27.6 days. As I said before, not too shabby.  

No comments:

Post a Comment