Saturday, March 16, 2013

The Magic Number


I was told today that three is the magic number. Yes, it is. It's the magic number. What am I talking about? I'm talking about online publishing. Apparently, the secret to actually making money at e-books and online books sales and indie sales and self publishing is to have multiple books available for sale. They feed off each other, as it were. People who find one of your books will tend to find the others. Multiple avenues are created to bring in readers. This special phenomenon begins around about three books.

Anyway, that is what I've been told. I now have two books for sale, but the magical thing is, I've got multiple books waiting in the wings. Besides the two books that I've already published, I've got 1) a second Mary book, 2) a third Mary book, 3) fantasy epic volume one, 4) fantasy epic volume two, 5) a stand alone fantasy novel. All of these are complete and raring to go. They only need cursory revisions for typos and such.

Now, the Mary books are going through Whiskey Creek Press, but that leaves three more books just waiting, waiting, deliciously waiting. Within the next couple of months, I will see them available as ebooks. Mark my precious words.

That means by this summer, I will have the following books available for sale:

Mary of the Aether
Mary of Shadows
Shadows of Tockland
Bloodstone (Deep Water: Book One)
A Whisper in the Void (Deep Water: Book Two)
Thorn and Shadow

The third Mary book will follow sometimes in 2014.

All these books represent the writing I've done in the last three years, and they will all soon be yours.


1 comment: