Wednesday, March 20, 2013

A Better Map

Here's a better look at the map Lisa helped me make for Bloodstone. She was not completely satisfied with the lettering, but I told her I wanted something that looked hand drawn, the kind of map you would expect to find in a small village, rather than something a professional cartographer would make. That means, of course, that things are not necessarily drawn to scale. Anyway, here it is:

Click to embiggen it, and look for Bloodstone in a couple of weeks. In the meantime, commence to read about Cakey the Clown and his post-apolyptic adventures! Quickly, before I start work on the sequel. It's HERE and HERE and HERE!


3 comments:

  1. Hi. I am an English Teacher in NE Arkansas and I am hosting a Reading Festival for 7th, 8th, and 9th grade students on May 3rd. There are 4-5 area schools participating and I wanted to speak to you about a possible speaking engagement. What is a good way to contact you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to be involved. I did a literacy event at Prairie Grove Middle School last November that went really well. Send me an e-mail at goreesha@gmail.com (my author e-mail), so we can discuss this further.

      Delete
  2. awesome map, lisa. would it be a compliment to say it reminds me of the ones in LotR? my dad had those in hard cover with big fold-out maps glued in.

    ReplyDelete