Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Mary of Shadows

Well, we're finally in the editing phase of Mary of Shadows. The cover art turned out better than I expected. I mean, I knew it would be good. Gemini Judson did such a good job on Mary of the Aether. But it really looks fantastic. I wanted an ominous view of the forest with Mary wandering off into the shadows, and that's what I got. Check it out:


Click the picture to go read the back cover blurb.

Anywho, in other news, I am working on the rewrite for Children of the Mechanism. It's such a bleak, strange book, I hope people like it. If readers will trudge through the bleakness, they will find their way to hope and beauty. That's all I can say. Of course, that's true of a number of my novels.

Shadows of Tockland got a glowing review on a website called The Brass Rag. Here's the link if you want to read it. I like that she referred to Cakey as "a demented poet."

I am the Fantasy Writer of the Day on the /Fantasy subreddit of Reddit tomorrow, so keep an eye out for that. It'll be right here when it appears.  

No comments:

Post a Comment