Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Lots O' Mary

Well, the first draft of Children of the Mechanism is complete. It's got some revision left to be done, and after that I have to decide what I'm going to do with it. I don't know if I want to self-publish this particular novel, or if I want to go the traditional publisher route. Decisions, decisions.

In the meantime, however, that book is on hold, because I just received the edits for Mary of Shadows, and I need to get all of that done as soon as possible, so I can get it back to my publisher. There don't seem to be many big problem to fix, just a few little grammatical things here and there. I always scan through the first time, looking for all the red text from the editor, and there's not too much. Anyway, the book seems on track to come out in early August, so be looking for it.

Wandering off into the ominous forest, Mary? Whatever for?


There is potentially some really big news on the horizon about Mary of the Aether, but I'm not sure I can share it just yet. Suffice it to say, if things work out, it's going to be getting a whole lot of publicity over the course of the summer *fingers crossed*. That would be perfect timing for the release of the sequel, so we'll see how things play out. Hopefully, I'll have some more concrete information to give in the next few weeks.

All of this makes me want to get to work on the fourth and final book of the series (currently called Mary of Cosmos). I've only written about half of the first chapter, and it starts off with a pretty big event. Just you wait and see, people. Just you wait and see.


No comments:

Post a Comment