Friday, August 31, 2012

Mary of Starlight

Yes, Mary of Starlight, that is the name of book number three in the series. Why is it called Mary of Starlight, you might ask? Well, you'll just have to wait and see. I am 39,750 words into the story, and things are already heating up. Terrible things are happening, tension is building and pretty soon spectacular events will unfold. Is that vague enough?

In other news, I wrote a really long fantasy novel earlier this year called Deep Water. It was over 200,000 words, which is a pretty hefty paperback. On the advice of an agent, who suggested a publisher might be hesitant to purchase such a large novel from an unknown author, I split it into two volumes. The first volume, Bloodstone, is currently under consideration at a small publishing house. They expressed excitement about the sample chapters and synopsis. I should have a response one way or the other in a couple of months. The second volume, A Whisper in the Void, is also ready to go, should the first volume sell.

Now, I haven't even talked about my post-apocalyptic science fiction novel, The Klown Kroo. I wrote that one back in 2011. It is also under consideration at a publishing house. It may sell first. You never know. Of all the things I've written, my wife (who is my chief reader of first drafts) declared The Klown Kroo her favorite. It's about a ragtag clown troupe trying to eke out a living in various decaying Arkansas towns whilst being occasionally attacked by hordes of brain-sick rubes. What's not to love?

If all goes well, I could be a four-time published author by the end of the year. We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment