Sunday, October 27, 2013

So. Much. Writing.

Oh, people, I have almost worn my fingers down to little nubs from all the writing. Honestly, I'm about done with the SEO content writing. Mentally and emotionally, I mean, not actually. There's only so much you can write about dental veneers, urological supplies and complex commercial litigation.

More book sales and writing workshops, that's the answer, and that is the direction that I am bending my efforts. In fact, I just did another full day of writing workshops over in a nice little town called England, Arkansas. I spoke to every grade from 4th to 12th and had a great time. Every once in a while, you see a real creative spark in some kid that hints at genuine potential, and that really makes it all worthwhile.

In other news, I continue to work toward the publication of Children of the Mechanism and Mary of Cosmos.

The opening paragraph of Children of the Mechanism has changed. Let me share it with you. By the way, while we're on the subject, this might be my favorite book that I've written, so be sure to check it out when it appears in print in February.

First came the screaming, the sound of some monstrous thing crying out from the darkness. Then came the babbling, a boy wordlessly pleading for help, and one sound melted into the other. Bik fled from it, fighting his way out of the dream, but the noise chased him, turning at the end into the blare of the morning alarm. Finally, he opened his eyes in the dim, red light and heard it echoing off the metal walls, a singular note, high and harsh. 

People, this one's gonna be pretty intense, I do believe. I can't wait until you get to read it.

As for Mary of Cosmos, it will be the final volume of the series that began my whole writing career. The series goes like this: 

1) Mary of the Aether
2) Mary of Shadows
3) Mary of Starlight 
4) Mary of Cosmos

The first two volumes are out, so if you haven't read them, get to it, friends. The tale of Lightbearers, Lookers and Devourers is waiting to sweep you along to its epic conclusion. In fact, here is the opening sentence of the final volume, Mary of Cosmos, just to whet your whistle:

It took five days of healing to get her right eye open, another three for the left.

Well, now, if that's not ominous enough for you, I don't know what is.  

By the way, here's a recent review of Mary of the Aether, if you haven't read it yet and need a bit of convincing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment