Thursday, September 20, 2012

Where Things Stand

Okay, I thought it might be a good idea to recap where things stand with my various novels. So here is a brief rundown.

Mary of the Aether - my first published novel, YA Urban Fantasy, came out in July, currently available as an e-book and trade paperback through Amazon, Nook, Fictionwise, Whiskey Creek and a few other sites, as well as some local bookstores.

Mary of Shadows - the sequel to Mary of the Aether. I have already signed the contract with Whiskey Creek Press. It comes out next year.

The Klown Kroo - A post-apocalyptic science fiction novel about a ragtag troupe of clowns trying to survive in a world being driven mad by a parasitic brain worm. Yep, that's the story, folks! And my proofreaders said this was their favorite of everything I've written. I sent forth some queries a couple months ago and have yet to hear back.

Bloodstone - The first volume of a two volume fantasy series about a boy and girl who set out to save the island nation of Tesaria which is being ravaged by dream sickness. This is, without a doubt, the novel that I have the most emotional investment in. The first volume is Bloodstone, the second is A Whisper in the Void. I wrote it as one book, but it came out at over 200,000 words, and a kindly literary agent suggested I might have a hard time getting such a large novel published as an unknown author. So it became two, and there was kind of a natural breaking point in the story to make it happen. I queried some publishers, and one responded with an enthusiastic request to read the manuscript. They have received the manuscript and should get back with me in a couple of months.

Mary of Starlight - Third volume in the Mary/Aether series. I've written 47,000 words, twelve chapters, but I'm taking a break to work on something else for a while.

Thorn and Shadow - And this is the thing I'm currently working on! A fantasy novel about a sacred garden in the midst of a vast desert, and the people who watch over it. Magical and troubling things are bound to happen.

So there you go. That's where my writing adventures currently stand.

No comments:

Post a Comment