Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Spewing Words Daily

Okay, so I've been working on Thorn and Shadow for ten days now, and I've managed just over 20,000 words, which means I've averaged 2,000 words a day. Now, that is way behind Michael Moorcock, but at least I've doubled my old average. Not too shabby. At this rate, Thorn and Shadow will be finished in about 50 days.

When I say "finished," I mean "first draft complete." Of course, many more days of rewrites would follow. Nevertheless, I will have completed a novel in record time, if I can pull it off. The story has a nice thrust to it. It starts off with tension, and that tension just builds and builds and fairly quickly crazy, wild things begin to happen. This makes the story easy to write. I know where it's headed, and there's not a lot of drag along the way.

So there you go. The daily minutiae of a writer. Aren't you thrilled?

No comments:

Post a Comment