Friday, September 21, 2012

Another Book Signing

It's good to know people. You know what I mean? Because when you know people, and you are having a book signing, people who know you are likely to show up. That makes the book signing slightly less awkward, because the people who already know you also know what to expect. Here's the thing, I'm just not a salesman. Sitting in the front end of a bookstore at a little table while customers roam around me is a strange experience. I have never worked retail for a reason, folks. I don't know whether to greet people, make eye contact, wave at them or what.

All of that is to say, if you come out to my book signing tomorrow (Saturday, Sept 22), don't be put off if I appear a bit socially awkward. I really am glad you're there! I might make eye contact, I might say strange things, but I will be excited, I will sign your book, I will even shake your hand, if that's what you want. So come on down. You might even get a free bookmark and magnet, because...heck, why not?

The specifics: Hastings in Fort Smith, Arkansas on Rogers Avenue from 2pm to 4pm (6800 Rogers Avenue, behind Chick-Fil-A and across the street from the hospital).

Some pictures of me being socially awkward will make an appearance on this very blog after the event. I know you can't wait...

No comments:

Post a Comment