Thursday, August 8, 2013

The Latest Goings On

Well, a lot of stuff has been happening lately, so I thought I'd give a rundown for all who might be interested. Let me list them numerically for maximum ease of following along.

1) Mary of Shadows is now available as an e-book and trade paperback at Whiskey Creek Press, Amazon and Barnes & Noble websites.

2) Mary of the Aether was part of a workshop this summer called So Many Book, So Little Time in which it was promoted to thousands of teachers in the region. My publisher created a special order form just for this workshop, offering the book at a special rate, and those forms have started to turn up at the publisher.

3) My publisher created 500 little postcards as a follow-up to the workshop, reminding teachers about the book and giving them information on how to order it. I am sending them out to English teachers and librarians all over the state of Arkansas.

4) I have been invited to attend the Northwest Arkansas Authors Book Fair at the Springdale Public Library on October 5th, where I will be promoting and selling my book, meeting other authors and readers and offering a copy of my book for a random drawing.

5) I have also been invited to speak at a meeting of Springdale Librarians next Wednesday to give a thirty minute talk about my books and myself.

6) Mary of Shadows is being featured this week on a blog called Tess Three in the Morning.

7)  I have a rather lengthy interview at the website ArkansasAuthors.com appearing on Tuesday, August 20.

8) I am one chapter and an epilogue away from finishing the final volume of the series. Mary of Cosmos is full of epic, troubling, harrowing scenes, but it will wrap this whole aether saga up nicely, I believe. I'll get the first draft finished this weekend.

Alrighty, I believe that's about all for now. My novel, Children of the Mechanism, is still sitting in a publisher's office somewhere, waiting to be either accepted or rejected, so there's not much to say about that one yet. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment