Saturday, January 26, 2013

Please Enjoy One Sentence

Just in case you're keeping track, I am 54,709 words into Mary of Starlight. I know that particular detail just made your day. Not even sure why I blog it, except that I like to keep myself accountable to the daily word count. Oh, Dear Readers, if you only knew what was about to happen in the novel. Oh, dreadful circumstances. Oh, terror and pain. I can't wait to write it.

In the meantime, please enjoy one random sentence from Mary of Shadows. It comes out this summer, but you get a sneak peek right now. Right now, people. One sentence. Here it is.

Mary stood in the bathroom, squeezed into the narrow space between the toilet and sink, gazing into the mirror and marveling at how bad she looked. 

There, that's one sentence. That's all I have for you now. You'll have to wait until this summer to get all of the other sentences (unless I decide to post another one here at some point, which I probably will).

No comments:

Post a Comment