Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Before Mary Was Novelized

Before I wrote my first novel Mary of the Aether, I wrote a short story version of it. That short story was purchased for a Young Adult anthology, but the anthology never made it to print. I'm not sure what went wrong, but the short story just languished in limbo, and eventually, the idea evolved and became my first novel.

You can read that original short story on Futurism. If you've read the novel, you'll notice some distinct differences. 


There is one line in the short story that I wish I'd included in the novel series somewhere. It's something Mary says to her bullying friend:

“Someday, when you’re no longer a child, you’ll understand what you’re saying,” Mindy said. “Someday you’ll understand who you’re talking to. Someday. For now, it’s alright. I understand, and I don’t hold it against you.”



1 comment:

  1. 10Desires.org Health Network is not like your average website or forum for health advice. Rather, it adopts a holistic perspective on health and wellbeing, realizing the connections between mental, emotional, and physical well-being. The platform understands how critical it is to treat the full individual rather than just their symptoms. Click Here

    ReplyDelete