Thursday, September 12, 2013

Children of the Mechanism

I just got a contract offer on my novel, Children of the Mechanism, from a relatively new publishing house called Malachite Quills. Having perused their website, I like what I read. They seem to be very supportive of their authors. I'm looking forward to working with them.

As for Children of the Mechanism, it is the story of slaves living and working in the bowels of a mysterious factory, watched over by cruel robots. One day, a glitch in the system causes doors to open, and some of the slaves escape to wander the corridors. Gradually, the true nature of the factory is revealed.

It is based on a short story I wrote way back in 1994, and I think it turned out pretty good. It's sort of a dark and relentless novel, but it resonates with me in a deep and profound way. I hope people like it. Anywho, I'll keep you all posted about the progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment