Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Writing More Than I Know What To Do With

People, I write so much I don't even know what to do with all of my writing. Let's break it down. First of all, I write at least 1,000 words on a novel each and every day. Right now, I am working on a post-apocalyptic novel called Fading Man, which takes place in the same universe as my other post-apocalyptic novel, Shadows of Tockland. It am about 70,000 words into the story.

Of course, there is also a lot of writing involved in promoting my books, from guest articles to interviews, blog entries, social media posts and forum participation. On top of that, I work as a staff writer for a disaster recovery agency, creating blog articles, press releases and resumes. Finally, I have a Hubpages account, where I churn out articles in two categories: tips on writing and various reviews.

At the risk of promoting myself too much, let me encourage you to check out some of my Hubpage articles, specifically the ones on writing. I am trying to use my long road to publication as a platform for helping other writers. So far, I've got the following articles:

Writing and (Finally) Getting Published

Surviving Your First Book Signing

Tips for Your Next Book Signing

Creative Ways to Promote Your Novel

Creating a Compelling Protagonist

Tips to Avoid Getting Bogged Down in Writing a Novel

If any of those topics pique your interest, feel free to check them out. Hopefully, if you are an aspiring writer, they provide you with some helpful information. You can check out my profile there for a full range of topics.

You know you write a lot when you wear the letters off your keyboard. Goodbye, letters A, S, M, N, W and E.

No comments:

Post a Comment